ELEVEN THINGS ABOUT A SPIRITUAL PERSON IN CHRIST
- It’s a new human race
- It’s a superhuman person
- The sinful nature is disabled.
- The old you is removed and substituted with the new you, Christ Jesus.
- Your natural soulish strength is replaced by God’S spiritual strength, His grace.
- Governed by the Word of God and not by what can be seen.
- Made to receive love and to give love
- Having a righteousness consciousness vs a sin consciousness.
- Having a son consciousness vs a fear consciousness
- Having the “God man” consciousness vs a “me” consciousness
- Living in the present from the future rather than in the present from our past.
WHAT OCCURS IN THE NEW BIRTH?
Apostle Watchman Nee‘s model of The Book and the new birth.
- When Christ was CRUCIFIED, she at the same moment was CRUCIFIED “TOGETHER” WITH HIM.
- When Christ DIED on the cross, she at the same moment DIED “TOGETHER” WITH HIM.
- When Christ was BURIED in the tomb, she at the same moment was BURIED “TOGETHER” WITH HIM.
- When Christ was BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE, she at the same moment was BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE “TOGETHER” WITH HIM.
- When Christ ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN, she at the same moment ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN “TOGETHER” WITH HIM.”
- When Christ SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER TO RULE AND REIGN, she at the same moment SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT
UNDERSTANDING BIBLICAL BAPTISM!
- Baptism is becoming a pickle!
HOW DO I BECOME A SPIRITUAL PERSON?
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit (pneuma) and soul (psyche) and body (soma) be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit (pneuma): and they that worship him must worship him in spirit (pneuma) and in truth.
- There are three types of people, and two types of believers.
- There is the carnal, (sarkikos or fleshly) the natural, (psychikos; or psychological man: the man of the soul, or psyche) and the spiritual. (pneumatikos; or spiritual man: the man of the spirit, air, or breath)
- Believers are either natural or spiritual. God desires all of us to be “pneumatic Christians; discerning the breath of the Spirit of the living God.”
1Cor 2:9 But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
10 But God hath revealed them (taking the lid off) unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth (sounds out like a submarine sonar) all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth (gut feeling knowledge) the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
14 But the natural man (psychikos) receiveth (to welcome with open arms) not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (to investigate, examine and determine something so as to render a decision)
15 But he that is spiritual(pneumatikos) judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
- And the one of the most important functions of the Holy Spirit and one which is sorely missing missing in the church is the gift of discernment.
- Discernment is the ability to judge the good from the evil and render a correct decision.
WHY DO I NEED THE CROSS TO REVEAL CHRIST?
HOW IS CHRIST REVEALED THROUGH ME?
- You will understand the following:
- God’s rhema word
- The mysteries of God
- The patterns of God
- God’s Wisdom
- The revelation of Christ is all you need.
THE IMPORTANCE OF CHRIST BEING MANIFESTED THROUGH MY BODY!
Romans 8:10 But if Christ is in you, the body indeed is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is alive because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit indwelling in you.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE GLORIFIED WITH CHRIST!
Romans 8:30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified
“In life, Jesus the man was in the likeness of God; in resurrection, the nature of God; in glorification, the substance of God” John G Lake