2Co 2:9 For I write also for this, that I may know your testedness (as of a fine metal in a fire; God tests us like this expecting us to pass the test and in the process become more purified), if you are obedient (hupekoo; two words under and hear;
Obedience is submitting our hearing to God’s voice) in all things.”
2Co 2:11 lest we may be overreached (from pleon and echo; to have much) (Satan wants to have much of us or he is covetous for us) by Satan, for we are not ignorant (a ginosko) (void of progressive acquired knowledge) of the things he apprehends (of Satan’s thoughts or thought life).”
- Satan is covetous to grab the human being especially the believer
- Progressive acquired knowledge of the Word by being a student is essential. Not knowing the scriptures makes us ignorant. The devil preys on that. The greatest sin in the church today is a lack of the foundation of the Word of God.
- So much of what the devil does in in the thought life. He himself has a though life and attacks the thought life of the believer.
2Co 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices <3540>. 3540 Noema Thoughts
2Co 3:14 But their minds <3540> were blinded ( pooro- hardened and calloused) : for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 3540 Noema Thoughts
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded (Blinded) the minds <3540> of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 3540 Noema Thoughts
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought <3540> to the obedience of Christ; 3540 Noema Thoughts
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds <3540> should be corrupted from the simplicity ( haplotes- uncompoundedeness, singleness and “one focuseness’ ) that is in Christ.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds <3540> through Christ Jesus. 3540 Noema Thoughts
2Co 2:12 Now, on coming to Troas for the evangel of Christ, and a door being open (perfect passive tense) for me in the Lord,
- The perfect tense in this verse; A door that had been completely opened for Paul in the past by God with the effect that it still remains opened.
- The passive talks about existence and reality. Paul lived in a reality and ministry that a door from the Lord remained opened for him. We never have to struggle to have God open up a door for us. As we obey and mature not only does He open a door and but keeps it opened for us.
2Co 2:14 Now thanks be to God, Who always gives us a triumph in Christ, and is manifesting the odor of His knowledge through us in every place,
- Triumph is in the present active tense. It should that our life is one of continual triumph through our obedience in Christ.
- Odor of His knowledge is progressive step by step knowledge. This stresses to us the importance of becoming students of the Word. A student acquires by progressive knowledge. Only one who can acquire by progressive knowledge can release the progressive knowledge of God.
2Co 2:15 for we are a fragrance of Christ (of The Anointed) to God (Dative), in those who are being saved (present passive dative) and in those who are perishing:” (being destroyed) (present passive dative)
- The dative case talks about location and the influence that being in that location effects. In The Anointed we are a fragrance to God. The more time that we spend in the location of The Person of Christ, the more that we become a fragrance of Him to God.
- There are two types of people. As I told you, the passive talks about reality and existence, it talks about condition.
- Either and individual’s reality is that he is being saved daily or his reality is that he is being destroyed daily. There is no middle ground.
2Co 2:16 to these, indeed, an odor of death for death, yet to those an odor of life for life. And for this who is competent?
- To those who obstinately reject the gospel, the gospel is an odor of death into death, or of death that continually leads into more death. The condemnation of forebodings of hell for those who reject Christ.
2Co 2:17 For we are not as the majority ( as the many), who are peddling ( a huckster or one who is manipulating the word of God for money)the word of God, but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God in Christ, are we speaking (prophetically speaking).”
- Sincerity : Helikrinos; judged by the rays of the sun as passing through a window pane. When our lives are clean our souls are like a clean window by which the sun can pass. When dirty, we know the effect.
2Co 3:2 You are our letter, engraven (perfect passive) in our hearts, known and read by all men,
- The giftings ministry and calling of Christ has being already once and for all completely engraved in each believer’s heart. We need to find out what it is and manifested by obedience and faith. Everybody around you progressively gets to know Christ as you display your ministry.