Our Life in the World of the Blood
Luke 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new (KAINO new in essence and type) testament in my (LID) blood, which is shed (POURED OUT Present Passive Participle) for you.
- LID stands for the noun case describing location, instrumentality and the dative.
- In my blood is in the Greek “dative case of location.”
- Because we are located in this earthly world we are affected by, and are part of everything that belongs to the world.
- The New Covenant is located in the blood, or more accurately in the world of the blood of Jesus.
- All that the blood of Jesus accomplishes affects everything in the New Covenant. As long as we maintain ourselves in covenant with the Lord, we automatically live inside of the world of the blood of Jesus Christ.
- The world of the blood then works back through us to affect us with all of its benefits.
- Since it’s in the present tense, the blood of Jesus works for us from moment to moment.
- You and I plead the blood of Jesus daily, and rightfully so. It is vital to claim our privilege to the blood, especially before the devil.
- More powerful though is to live constantly inside the world of the blood of Jesus as we keep covenant with the Lord.
Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new ( new in kind, quality, substance and essence) testament, ( will or covenant) which is shed (present passive part) for many for (INTO) the remission( sending away) of sins. (THE BLOOD IS THE SUBJECT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT)
- Shed; to pour out lavishly and abundantly.
- It is poured out, rather than was poured out, because the verb tense is in the present.
- The blood of the New Covenant is being continuously poured out, in the same way that fluids are poured out, to continually release and send away from us the sins as we repent from them.
- The New Covenant can only maintain its eternal “newness” through the blood, which is eternally poured out to keep it new as it is manifested in the world or the realm of the Holy G 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light , as (JUST EXACTLY AS) he is in the light, we have fellowship (we share things in common one with another )and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
- Greek (my paraphrase): But if we should conduct our life in the light, in the same manner as He (conducts Himself) in the light, we associate one with the other. This association allows for the Lord and us to progressively participate and share with one another. This sharing in common allows us to obtain the things of God as the blood of Jesus Christ His Son continuously cleanses us so that we can progressively obtain as we are cleansed.