Heb 11:1 Now faith (subject) is the substance (subjective) of things hoped for (substantive), the evidence(subjective) of things not(absolutely not) seen(substantive).
- Substance from two Greek words defined as a “standing under something” The substructure or hidden foundation, the substance and essence, of what is asked for is immediately changed from that of what was, into the one which was asked for. (The timelessness and immediate consequence of the aorist tense.)
- The proving to the eyes of our heart, what our physical eyes cannot see.
- I.E.; when the Lord tells us that a person’s cancer has been healed, immediately and at once, the substance and the essence are altered.
2 For by it (location/ instrumentality of faith) the elders obtained a good report.
- The ancient men of God through faith so lived that they obtained a good witness
Hebrews 11:3 Through faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) we understand (only through faith can we continually grasp and understand) that the worlds (accusative) were framed (equipped) by the rhema word/(instrumentality, location) of God, so that things which are seen (substantive) were not made of things which do appear (substantive).
Greek: The worlds were framed by the rhema word of God, so that the things that we presently see with our eyes were made out of things that cannot be seen by the eye. In other words, God always creates what is physically evident to us, out of things which are physically invisible, through the rhema word. This is the title deed of the rhema word.
The word “framed” is the same word used for the mending of the fishing nets by the apostle Peter. It is also defined as the full equipping towards the successful carrying out of a mission. The “framing” of the United States armed forces in the Persian Gulf Crisis tells us that they were furnished with the quality and quantity of armaments, food, gear, and clothing that were needed to furnish them a total victory.
Hebrews 11:4 By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying (genitive absolute) of his gifts: and by it he being dead (died off or perished) yet speaketh. (Yet speaks prophetically)
Hebrews 11:5 By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) Enoch was translated that he should not see death (Direct object); and was not found, because God (Subject) had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
- Being located in the world of faith, and by the instrumentality of faith, Enoch was physically moved so that he would not see, or intuitively know death in any of its aspects. He was absolutely not found in any of the realms that represented death.
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith (Genitive-what belongs to faith) it is impossible to please him: for he (Substantive) that cometh to God (direct object)must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- Without faith there is a vacuum of dunamis power to please God.
- For those who investigate, research, and seek out God, and his things, He becomes a proportional reward giver.
Hebrews 11:7 By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) Noah, being warned of God of things not seen(substantive) as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark (Direct object) to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir (Subjective) of the righteousness which is by faith.
- Being divinely instructed and admonished concerning the things that he could not see with human the human eyes
- “The things yet not seen” what was what well known to Noah, or what had a three dimensional substance to him. The physical world acquired no reality or became simply two-dimensional.
8 By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place(Retained object) which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
- He was called was in the present tense.
- He obeyed- Greek: “a military submission to hearing”
- He went out; As we go out with the word of God.
- Not knowing ‘Having nothing in the physical realm which was set and standing before him so that he could grasp and follow. He had no acquaintance with what God had called him to do.
9) By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) he sojourned (dwelled besides but not in the neighborhood) in the land of promise, as in a strange country( belonging to another), dwelling in tabernacles (having his earthly inhabitance in temporary housing) with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked (was expecting) for a city (direct object) which hath foundations (substantive), whose builder (technician or craftsman) and maker (“the worker for the people,” as technician and craftsman of the new foundations which only faith builds) is God.
11 Through faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) also Sara herself received strength (received dunamis power/ direct object) to conceive (to lay down a foundation of)seed (spermatos/ a posterity as the number of the stars and the sand by the seashore/subjective), and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. (Substantive)
Heb 11:12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
- Therefore also from one were born (many) though that specific one was in a perfect state of a corpse; and these many, in relationship to the stars of heaven, equal to the number of the fullness of their multitude; and just as the sand by the side of the shore of the sea is so much in number that arithmetic cannot calculate it.
17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received (to the one who had taken up and welcomed all of God’s promises) the promises offered up his only begotten son,
19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
- Reckoning that out of the root system that had become corpse like, God was capable and able to raise up….
20 By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) Isaac blessed (a completed execution of blessings)Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
21 By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed (a completed execution of blessings) both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
22 By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) Joseph, when he died (when he was dying off), made mention (had in his mind) of the departing (Exodus) of the children of Israel; and gave commandment(gave a completed and detailed set of instructions) concerning his bones.
23 By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper (Polished, comely) child; and they were not afraid (absolutely no fear) of the king’s commandment.(Mandate)
24 By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) Moses, when he was come to years, refused (refused, rejected, denied) to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter;
27 By faith he forsook Egypt (Direct object), not fearing the wrath(Direct object) of the king(subjective): for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
- Moses dominated and endured by seeing with discernment in the Spirit what was invisible or void of discernment in the natural or to the human eye. His substance was the rhema word of God. The natural world was not a reality to him.
28 Through faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) he kept (He perfectly executed)
the Passover (The paschal sacrifice/direct object) , and the sprinkling of blood (the pouring of the blood/ direct object), lest he (subject) that destroyed (substantive) the firstborn (the “destroying one” of the “first born”) should touch (Would cause them no injury) them.
Hebrews 11:29 By faith they passed through (A thorough stepping through) the Red sea (Direct object) as by dry land: (just like if going through dry land) which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned. (Were swallowed up; the outcome of having no faith)
Hebrews 11:30 By faith (location/ instrumentality of faith) the walls (subject) of Jericho fell down (completely fell down) after they were compassed about seven days.
Hebrews 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not (In absolutely no way was destroyed together) with them that believed not (non-compliant or in persuadable to the voice of God; non-Christians and Christians alike), when she had received (welcomed) the spies with peace.
Hebrews 11:33 Who through (Through the influence of what belongs to faith) faith subdued (overcame after contending in a military battle or contest) kingdoms, wrought (worked out to the point of complete execution) righteousness, obtained (attained to) promises, stopped (blocked, stopped and closed up) the mouths of lions,
Quenched the violence of fire (The inherent living power of fire), escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong (Went diametrically from the point of infirmity and weakness to the point of being strengthened with God’s dunamis power) , waxed valiant in fight,(received sufficient inner strength to contend in war) turned to flight the armies of the aliens.